2013年6月29日土曜日

Records of My Travels in Okinawa ~vol.2 Eat Okinawa Cuisines and Stay at Local Guest House~

 8:25 pm, I arrived at Naha Airport. The moment I left the plane, I was wrapped in a hot and humid air. The other day, Okinawa has just ended its rainy season, which means the arrival of the summer season is full-fledged.


 I left for the Kencyoumae eki, the station in front of Prefectural government, by  the monorail called  "Yui Rail." There is a famous street, Kokusai dori, close to the station. I will write more about this street another time. Even so, people of various nationalities enjoy the night as this street is illuminated by neon lights.


 I went to the back street and found the tavern "Yunangi" that provides Okinawan cuisine.



 Young people, a man drinking alone, office workers and travelers like me...There are so many people in this tavern!



 Toasting with Shikuwasa juice for my first night at Okinawa! Yeah! I like drinking, but I had to do without liquor this night because I had something else to do the next day. Shikuwasa, a flat lemon, has a sour taste and a refreshing smell. It was good to heal the tired body in the heat.



 Let's eat Okinawa cooking. At first, appetizers are Mimiga and Jimamidofu! Mimiga is pig's ears. Peanuts, salt, Shichimi, etc., the way they are seasoned varies. Its crunchy texture is popular. Then, Jimami is a tofu made ​​from peanuts. In the Okinawa dialect, Jimami means "peanut." I ate Jimami with ginger and soy sauce, but sometimes it is eaten with the black honey as a dessert. 



 And furthermore, these are  a full course of Okinawa cuisine.



 In particular, I recommend you eat Chanpuru and Rafuthy. Chanpuru is a stir-fried dish of goya (bitter gourd), tofu, vegetables, and meat. It is a healthy food where you can eat plenty of vegetables. Rafuthy is a stew of cubed pork belly. It was the palace cuisine of the Ryukyu dynasty. It is boiled pork with awamori, sugar soy sauce, etc. The taste is salty-sweet. I felt as if the boiled pork was melting on my tongue. So delicious!



 "Gochisousama!" I was very happy to eat tasty cuisines! 


Then, I got sleepy and went to the guest house to stay. I stayed in Lohas Villa which is particular about figurines and furniture. 







 The room was clean and the TV was big. During my stay, I did not have a relationship with other travelers because I booked a private room. Incidentally, it costs 100 yen to use the air conditioning for two hours.




It was my first time using the guest house.  I recommend Lohas Villa for people who want to sleep at a clean place at a low price, and for beginner travelers like me. 


 Next time, I will introduce the attractions of Naha city. Good night!

”Yunangi” Okinawa cuisine tavern
3-3-3, Kumoji, Naha-shi, Okinawa, 900-0015, Japan

"Lohas Villa" guest house in Okinawa 
2-1-6 Buresu Bld.3F, Makishi, Naha-shi, Okinawa, 900-0013, Japan
http://lohas-cg.com/

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿